Thursday, September 3, 2009

Amusing Fam Bam Snippets.....

(Yesterday in the car, after school)
....We had pretty much just pulled in and Jonty begins to squirm most suspiciously in the back seat...
Me: Jonty. JONTY (it can be hard to get this child's attention) - do you need to go to the toilet??
Jonty: (brain whirring away and processing what Mummy has said - pause while that occurs) - Oh. Yes.
Me: Come on then. Inside!
a few seconds later, Jonty is ALMOST out of the car, when he becomes distracted...
Jonty: Ohhhh....my flag!!! (turning back to retrieve it)
Me: Flag schmag!! I'm more concerned with you NOT peeing in my car!

(This morning as I set about putting the recycling bin out)
....Michael follows me down the hallway proclaiming loudly to all, then he zeroes in on me and repeats what he has just said, with a question added...
Michael: Hey Mum! I'm really good at juggling with one hand, but I can't juggle otherwise. How about you...? Are you really good at juggling with one hand?
Me: "Juggling" with one hand is just throwing and catching. It's not juggling at all.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I can always trust you to tell it like it is. Which is especially admirable when you are talking to your kids. :) You're certainly not a sugar-coater.

Ana said...

Thanks for that Sherry.

I should also probably add that Michael actually meant "juggling" with one BALL. It's funnier that way too.

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana said...

..I am afraid though that someone WILL have to eventually explain to Joseph (quite thoroughly...) that after Lions roar at you they don't then give you a big kiss on the cheek. Nope, not in real life.

Can't you just see the possible consquences in the future - Joe all grown up and on a Safari tour of Africa ..."No - REALLY Mr Safari Guide - it's OKAAAAAY - I know what happens next...."

Oh dear.