Sunday, November 9, 2008

Poetic License

A slip of paper arrived in our letterbox the other day. It was an attempt to recruit circular or pamphlet deliverers for the area.
Its heading reads:
"Would you like to be paid to keep fit?"
I feel this requires editing. To give a true unfiltered perspective of the situation of course. I want to amend this. It NEEDS to be amended. It is SCREAMING to be ammended or shall we say to have a liberal dash of "Poetic License" applied?
What I feel it should say (my "amended" version - caps added for extra emphasis):
"Would you like to be paid VERY LITTLE to keep fit?"
In addition to this, I feel the following would greatly supplement my amended version of the original heading:
"Not to mention the opportunity to experience frequent and numerous paper cuts and ink rub off from hours of folding and sorting our pamphlets"

Now, be honest...who WOULDN'T go for that.....?

Actually I must confess....I used to have a job like this.....

When I was about ELEVEN and probably my greatest expense was 5 cent jersey caramels.

4 comments:

Angela said...

What a great start, love the post. Saw this flyer today...in my letterbox which CLEARLY displays a "NO JUNK MAIL" label I might add!

Ana said...

They must have thought that was for Kim

bubby69 said...

Welcome oh great friend to the wonderful world of blogging. I got the same flyer myself. Look forward to reading your stories...

Heather said...

Yea! Welcome to the blogging world!